Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Last one to the couch is a rockin ehh!

Today was a good day.  I really didn't do much.  I mean I should rephrase that.  I did do a lot but I stayed home all day and did not embark upon any exciting adventures beyond the confines of my home.  Today Austin slept in until around 8 am and Riley slept in until 9am.  I am realizing that this is becoming a more regular thing and I am loving it.  I have learned to never bank on them sleeping in though because then they will be up BRIGHT AND EARLY the next morning.  I think now that it stays darker in the mornings the kids sleep longer.  Spring is on its way and I am ready!!!  Can't wait to be outside. 

Today I made Austin's birthday cake.  I made the easiest cake ever- COOKIE MONSTER.  It is really hard to screw up a cookie monster cake, blue shaggy looking frosting and cock eyed looking eyes is all it takes.  I used my Elmo pan that I already had for Riley's first birthday and it looks really cute.  I love sesame street. 

The other day Riley ran for the couch hollering "Last one to the couch is a rockin ehh!"  I replied, "What did you say?"  He repeated "Last one to the couch is a rockin ehh!"  "Ha!  That is what I thought you said!"  The things kids say, I love it!  I laughed a lot and told him the right way to say this "Last one to the couch is a ROTTEN EGG!"  Now today I hear him saying "Last one to pick up the toys is a rotten bonical."  He meant "barnacle".  They say that on a show he watches.  Speaking of eggs I just found out yesterday Riley LOVES hard boiled eggs. He ate 2 for breakfast yesterday and then begged me to make him 2 more to go with his supper.  I am glad he likes them that way because they are very good for him.  I wonder if 4 hard boiled eggs is a tad overkill in one day.  Possibly.  Oh well.  At least I know he is not allergic.  We meant to color Easter eggs last year with him but never got around to it.  Jason pulled the box out today and colored eggs with him.  Riley just loved doing that and he stayed fairly clean in the process which is a bonus.  I got cute pictures of his very first coloring eggs experience. Aren't I corny!

Jason finally tried to get some sleep at around 2pm after being up all night long.  I am sure it is tough to sleep during the day.  He didn't actually go to sleep until at least 330pm.  Third shift sucks and I hope and pray, someday (such a poet am I) that he will get a day job.  That sure would be the life.  Liv'in the dream!  Although then we would have to find something else to complain about.  It is always something.  After Jason went to sleep I spent the day with my two favorite and high energy children.  We did many things today to keep them entertained.  We made Easter artwork, played sock puppets and played race cars.  Riley  always wants me to crawl around on the floor with him for an exhausting amount of time on my hands and knees playing "race cars".  I just love when Riley says "Mom you aren't following the racetrack." (that apparently goes all over the house) "C'mon, keep going."  Riley has no concept of tired and no idea why mom does not like this game for more than about 10 minutes.  Well, someday when he is an old dad he may agree with me.  Austin does join in on the racing, he likes to imitate everything Riley does and it is too adorable.    Riley also helped me make the Cookie Monster cake.  Actually his help involved eating frosting out of the tube.  I try to give him healthy snacks most of the time and frosting is on the top of the list.  Maybe that is why he was running around pretending to be jumping on a trampoline.  He says "Mom, I am jumping on  a trampoline and we will get one tomorrow."  He is always saying tomorrow we will do this or that but he has no concept of the meaning of tomorrow.  Have you ever tried to explain the meaning of tomorrow to a child, it is very enlightening!  

Austin has a new thing he does these days.  If you say to him "Austin, go night night."  He will walk over to the couch or to a blanket and put his cute little face down and smile at us pretending to go night night.  He loves being chased too.  If you chase after him he will laugh hysterically.  He waves hello or goodbye and he points at things all the time.  He is a little food snatcher.  If you have it, he will come.  He ate some goldfish crackers today and just could not get enough of them.  Constantly wanting more.  He also LOVES mashed potatoes, unlike Riley who HATES them.  He is starting to pay attention to the T.V. more.  He will watch certain shows for a few minutes and seems very captivated and excited.  I love having Netflix it is sure handy when you have kids.  With Riley's 3 year old attention span we are constantly changing shows to find one that will keep him interested.  Also some of the shows are really educational which is a bonus. 

Now the kids are in bed and I suppose I should go to bed too.











     


             

No comments:

Post a Comment