Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Gift of music



Just got back today from another awesome country music concert.  This time Kelly and I went to Jason Aldean, Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett.  It was so much fun.  My favorite song of the night was "Beer with Jesus" by Thomas Rhett.  I actually got a little choked up hearing it live.  I just think that song is so neat.  Some people might hear that song and think what a hypocritical song that is mixing beer with Jesus but that is one of the big reasons I like that song.  I don't consider myself a religious person but I do consider myself a Jesus person.  I love Jesus and I love living my life to the fullest always knowing Jesus sees it all.  We can't hide from him, we can run but we can't hide.  I just like songs that are down to earth and can relate to the common person in this crazy world that we live in.  I like that it provokes people to think about what you would say or ask Jesus if you could sit down and have a beer with him or a cup of coffee or in Sweet Brown's words a  "cold pop"!  That song gave me chills the first time I heard it on the radio and it was even better to hear it live.  Life is full of so many great things to make us happy.  One of my favorites is music.  Music, whatever type you like, has a special way to inspire, bring freedom, bring peace and allow you to get through hard times in your life.  Music is such a gift and I am eternally thankful for a God who created such musical talent and creativity in this world.





No comments:

Post a Comment