Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Just another day in the life...



Well today was a great 15 hour day.  I got up at 6am and fed Austin.  My sweet little man!  Then got my breastfeeding supplies ready for a day of pumping.  Off to work.  Worked in Orthopedics in the morning.  I single handedly roomed 52 patients all by my lonesome for 3 different providers using a total of 4 rooms.  Ha!  That was a long morning but I did enjoy the challenge.  Then after lunch I went to another busy department, Neurosciences, and enjoyed another busy afternoon. 

Then I arrived home about 5pm and sat looking out the window waiting for my sweet little ones to arrive.  It is always nice to see their faces.  Still the joy of seeing them fades when Riley starts with his first tantrum of the evening.  "Mom I wanted to give Nana a hug, kiss and squeeze goodbye!"  I reply "Sorry honey Nana has already said goodbye and she has left for the day, you will have to wait until next time."  Not the answer he was looking for so I get to listen to 15 more minutes of screaming and crying about this issue.  So excited!!!  Then I make supper, an easy night of chicken nuggets as that is what Riley wants and I am not in the mood to argue.  In the mean time he falls asleep on the couch just about when the chicken is done.  I GENTLY wake him to let him know his chicken is done and am greeted with the wrath of Riley.   I do finally get him to eat though and after supper we watch two episodes of "The wheels on the bus go round and round."  I just love that show. Note the sarcasm.  I will say Austin was so cute dancing to the songs though.  He just loves to dance.  After the wonderful entertainment I fed Austin some oatmeal that ended up all over me and all over him.  Then we had pajama time.  Riley spent 20 minutes fighting me saying "No mom it is not time for bed yet I want to keep my clothes on."  He ran around the house thinking this was a funny game that I was enjoying too.  I was not laughing.  After the kids finally got their pajamas on I fed Austin his bottle while I heard Riley in the bathroom going poddy and brushing his teeth, or so I thought.  Half way through the bottle feeding Riley comes running out yelling "Mom I want to be a rockstar!"  He was carrying the hair gel in his hand and it was open and all over his hands.  I went into the bathroom to find hair gel all over the sink.  I cleaned that up and returned to feeding Austin his bottle.  Finally got Austin down for  the night at about 8.  Then back to Riley.  I read Riley his cat in the hat book. I told him it is time for bed and although he protested tonight was a better night for him.  He did his normal , "I need water, I want a car, I need to go to the bathroom BUT surprisingly he went to bed after all that without much battling.  So that was my day today and now I shall see what tomorrow will bring.  Just another day in the life of SUPERMOM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment