Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

Today was yet another rainy day.  Gloomy, cloudy, rainy and annoying.  I sure would love to see the sun again.  The weather didn't stop us from going for a walk today at Nana and Grandpa's.  We were able to sneak one in between sprinkles.  Riley rode his 3 wheeler and Austin got a ride in his push car.  I have off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week so I am hoping for a couple of good weather days so I can get outside more.  Riley is just dying to get back on the slip and slide again.  Need some warmer weather for that. 

Austin tried watermelon for the first time tonight.  He loved it which did not surprise me as he loves all food.  He ate about 10 pieces and was still wanting more.  He is the best little eater.  If you put food in front of him he gobbles it down like it might be his last meal. He feeds himself pretty good with finger foods.  When I feed him with a spoon he acts like a baby bird waiting with his mouth open and head tilted back for his next bite.  It is so funny.  He is almost completely done nursing.  I stopped pumping about 3 weeks ago.  It feels so good not to have to drag my pump around.  He still nurses in the morning but he won't at night anymore.  I used to nurse him before bed every night until he fell asleep but just within the last week he won't.  I think it is because he equates nursing with going to bed and he doesn't want to go to bed.  The minute I take him in his room he starts crying and when I try to feed him he pushes my shirt up like "no mamma I don't want to go to bed."  So I just put him in his crib and let him cry until he falls asleep.  He usually only cries about 5-10 minutes and then he is asleep for the night.  I am sure after a while he will just realize bed time is bed time.  He is so cute. 

Riley is obsessed with the Super Hero Squad.  Tonight we were watching a batman show and there was a bad guy dressed up like Batman and Riley says to me.  "Why does Batman look so ugly?"  I said "well he is just pretending to be him, that is not really him."  He says " I think he just ate too much food and that is why he looks so weird."  He makes me laugh.  We were in the bathroom brushing our teeth and Riley says "Mom look at that bar."  I notice he is talking about the towel bar on the wall and instantly say "DON"T HANG ON THA---"  too late he is hanging on it with the full force of his body weight and it broke right off the wall.  Darn.  Oh well, it is fixable.  Jason can fix it.=) 


 
 
       


No comments:

Post a Comment