Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Jason!



Happy Birthday to Jason!  Jason turned 38 today.  That number keeps getting closer and closer to 40.  Hard to believe.  I think he looks a lot younger than 38.  I got him a book called "Wisconsin Day Trips".  It is a really neat book about all the awesome things you can do in Wisconsin. Fishing, gardens, farm vacations, family days, zoo's, breweries, lighthouses, bridges, waterfalls, state parks, romantic getaways etc.  It is such a neat book and it should come in handy for us when we want to take our kids places.  It is useful for Jason too if he needs to get away for some alone time every now and then.



Today is my last day off of work.  Back to reality tomorrow.  It was nice having a few extra days off.  My sister moves into her new Condo this weekend on 6/14.  I am so excited for her.  Now she will be a home owner and the place she bought is gorgeous.  It will be so nice staying at her new place this summer.  So many fun things to look forward to this summer.

Today I took Riley fishing at Copeland park.  Jason rigged us up a little tackle box and Riley carried his "Lightning McQueen" fishing pole in the car all revved up for fishing.  He got tangled up a few times but nothing bad.  My mom came along to witness Riley's amazing fishing skills and to help watch Austin.  Riley is a really good caster and he stays pretty patient for a 4 year old.  We caught two fish and had a lot of bites.  Fishing is fun. 

Austin is a little climber.  He figured out how to climb up on the couch all by himself.  I watched him struggle for awhile at pulling himself up and when he finally made it he looked so proud of himself.  Then Riley and I were eating popsicles and I thought I would just share some with Austin.  Oh no he wanted to hold his own just like us.  He kept grabbing mine away and so I finally let him hold it by himself and he would share with me every once in a while like he was in control of the popsicle.  Ha!  After he made a sticky mess all over himself I decided to be in control of the popsicle again.  He is definitely a strong willed little boy.  He knows how to get what he wants.


Austin is wearing the onsie Heidi made for Riley when he was his size. 


The boys were sitting on the couch together and Riley gives Austin a hug and says, "We have the same big heads but not the same body."  He meant that they have the same size heads but just different sized bodies.  I thought that was pretty funny.  The other night when we were at my parents house for dinner my mom baked some carrots in the oven and my dad said "oh good French fries for supper."  Riley looked at them and said "I am definitely not eating any of those fries."  We all were laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment