Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Kindergarten Blues


Feeling stressed about having a school age child!  Open enrollment registration starts on Tuesday May 20th for enrolling your child in after school care at the YMCA.  I was under the impression you could enroll online BUT I am sadly mistaken to find I will have to go to the YMCA at 5 am and stand in line with a bunch of other parents hoping to get a place.  Enrollment actually starts at 7 am but after calling the YMCA and asking some questions, I learned that most parents actually go there at 5 am to better there chances of getting a spot.  So I am having my dad come over that morning so I can leave the house at 430 am to enroll Riley.  We really need the after school care and I don't want to take any chances.  I HATE TANSITIONS and kindergarten is freaking me out.  I was thinking we were going to save money on daycare but when you really figure it out we wont save much.  After school care is cheaper than weekly daycare but not that cheap.  Not to mention all the extra costs that school will bring.  As most parents would say that have kids in school..."Get used to handing over your money." 

I read through the Kindergarten brochure and that just caused me to feel more overwhelmed.  Talking about school lunch, school bus schedule, school academic expectations, school rules, bullying at school and the list goes on and on.  I also spent a good half hour filling out the paperwork needed to enroll Riley in after school care.  It is easy to let yourself worry.  Will Riley be ok riding the bus every day?  Will he be able to handle a 9 hour day Monday through Friday in school?  Is he really ready for Kindergarten?  So many things to wonder about and this is just Kindergarten.  With kids you are always worrying about something but in the end you look back and think, "Why did I waste my time worrying."  Everything always turns out ok.  

Riley brought home a cute Mother's Day Card from school.  It made me laugh.

   



No comments:

Post a Comment