Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One Lucky Day!

Today was a heck of a day!  Woke up early at 7am.  Since I was up I thought it would be a great idea to go for a morning hike.  My first thought was to go to Perrot Park but then I changed my mind and headed for Great River Bluff State Park.  I had the park completely to myself and I was all excited to hike some new trails I haven't hiked yet.  I had been hiking for about an hour when I spotted something in the middle of the hiking trail straight ahead of me.  I picked it up to see what it was.  It was a kwik trip gas card with a receipt underneath it.  It looked like someone just set it down right on the hiking trail for someone to see.  I wouldn't have kept it had I not looked at the receipt and noticed the transaction was for yesterday in the amount of 200 dollars.  I thought to myself, "maybe I should keep this and check if there is any money on it."  I wasn't too excited about it as I figured it was someone's used card anyway.  So when I got done hiking(after getting lost because I can't read a hiking map) I drove home and showed Jason my find.  He told me these cards are just like credit cards and to go try it out at the gas station and see what was on it.  So I did and to my shock there was 200 dollars on it!  The odds of me finding this is so rare and it is completely mind blowing that it even happened.  For one I rarely go hiking in the early morning.  Two I was not even planning to go to this park and I was deep in the woods in the middle of nowhere.  Three it is a miracle the receipt didn't blow away as otherwise I wouldn't have even picked it up.  Four I would have never spotted it had it not been in the middle of the hiking trail for my feet to walk right over.  It felt as if someone just put this on the ground for me to find.  So I am feeling really lucky today.  I was expecting to be inspired and see something new and exciting hiking in nature today but I definitely was not expecting to find what I found!









  
Went to my parents today and spent a few hours trying to catch a bird.  Finally I caught a robin.  he kids thought that was pretty cool.






Then we got out some tennis rackets and dipped them in bubbles.  That is a great idea and works awesome.  Cheap entertainment.













My Grandpa made the paper today.  He is going on the Honorary Freedom Flight with some other men who served in Vietnam and WW2.  They fly out on Saturday morning to Washington DC.  We all wrote him letters that will be sent to him while he is there, thanking him for his service.  I have heard it is a really great experience and I am glad my Grandpa gets to go.  He and one other guy (Kenny Garvis) who is my grandpa's good friend, are the only two guys left that served in WW2.  That is why he was in the paper today. 



Here is a picture of our cute little tree in our front yard that is just starting to blossom.  I think it is such a pretty tree but it only lasts for a couple weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment