Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Door County trip


Had a beautiful time on vacation in Door County over Memorial Day weekend.  Jason and I usually take the week before Memorial Day weekend off to plan a trip together and to celebrate our anniversary.  This year we decided to plan a trip at the same place just not together.  Sounds weird but it actually isn't a bad idea when you have two young children and you don't want to have to worry about child care.  Jason took the first part of the week and went with his brother on a fishing trip and I took the last part of the week and went with my sister.  You never know what kind of weather you will get but we were blessed with the best weather of the year for the 4 days we spent in Door County.

I left early Thursday morning and I was smiling from ear to ear driving in my car to meet Kelly.  I had the country music blaring and all I kept repeating was "Thank you so much God for this awesome opportunity to get away for the weekend!"  I feel so blessed to have the chance to do things like this for myself and there is no doubt that I am so thankful for it.  God is good and life is great! 

Kelly and I actually have been to Door County many times with our parents when we were little but never experienced it as adults.  Our memories were of staying on the beach in a big, beautiful cabin on the lake with our parents and our aunt and uncle and two cousins.  We thought it would be fun to track down the cabin but we knew that would be like a needle in haystack.  Fun to reminisce anyway.  Door County is no doubt one of the most beautiful places to visit and I had so much fun taking pictures of the naturally, gorgeous scenery.  Everywhere you look gives you a natural high and makes you really appreciate the beautiful state of Wisconsin.  I love that I live in Wisconsin and feel so blessed to have been born and raised here....even with the long cold winters! 

We stayed at Bridgeport Resort  in Sturgeon Bay and our room had a waterfront view with a nice little balcony.


Our first day we went to the Potawatomi State Park in Sturgeon Bay.  We had fun taking pictures with the tripod of us together and we walked up the 75 foot high look out tower to get a spectacular view of the area. 









Then that night we went to a park near by called "Sunset Park" to of course watch the sunset.  That also brought back memories from our trips when we were kids as we always would go see the sunset one of the nights we were there.  My mom said most of the time everyone would clap after the sunset as it was such an amazing sight. 













Our second day our plan was to drive along the coast and try to hit as many state parks as we could and stop in most of the little towns.  We drove to Whitefish Dunes State Park first.  That was, hands down, my favorite State Park in Door County.  It reminded me of Madeline Island along Lake Superior with the rock cliffs along the crystal clear water.  So majestically beautiful.  The pictures do not do it justice. 












 







Then we drove through what I think was Jackson Port and stopped to take a picture an interesting place.









  I will post the rest of our trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment