Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Religion and Politics

Yes I call myself a Christian and a follower of Christ.  AND...Yes I am a democrat, I participate in Halloween and have fun dressing my kids in cute costumes AND...I even drink wine and beer on occasions.  I can see the "true" Christians shaking their heads in disagreement without even having to look.

I am not a person that posts my political and religious arguments on facebook on a daily basis or ever for that matter.  I notice the posts that some people continually post as if their opinion is straight from God himself and all others must be wrong, completely uneducated or the best of all "misguided".  God created us all unique so it is no surprise that we don't all think the same.  I hear Christians say "love one another" or "do not judge" but then those same Christians (me included) say "Obama is the devil" or " Bush ruined this country" or "Rich people are all selfish and only care about themselves and their money." or "Poor people don't deserve government assistance as they are all just lazy." The meanness, gossip, cursing, lies and judging just goes on and on.  Somehow we all think we know everything and we all must obviously think we can do it better. 

You would think that the Christians would be the first ones to stop all the accusations, gossip, slander and cursing but instead they broadcast it on facebook and anywhere else because they are standing up for what's right?  I don't think that sounds like "love" no matter what you believe or don't believe in. 

What happened to respect these days?  Even grown adults bickering over who is right and wrong and continually looking for ways to bring other people down so they look better.  Seems like people these days are more interested in arguing, pointing fingers and being right than they are interested in respecting and helping one another.  It is easy to think you know it all until you are the one in charge.  You can't please everyone and maybe it is time to pray for those that you don't agree with rather than ridicule them. 

No one is perfect and self righteousness isn't going to save you in the end.  God's righteousness is the only true righteousness.  Have we forgotten there is none on the earth who is righteous?  We are all selfish, evil, deceitful, jealous, competitive and sinful people no matter what political side we take or weather or not we think it is ok to have a glass of wine or not!  We all have struggles, short comings, problems and hang ups.  We know what they are and God does too.  We all have a conscience and live our lives before God NOT man!  Who cares what your neighbor thinks is right or wrong, God is our judge and juror...not Mrs. Smith who is the pastor's wife at church and lives a perfect life!  Blah, blah, blah-nobody's perfect no matter how good they make it look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment