Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fog and Hixon Forest

This week has been good.  We finally got our air conditioner/furnace fixed.  Turns out t was just a blown fuse and Jason's friend from work came over to diagnose the problem.  Thank God it was a small problem that doesn't cost a fortune. 

It was a foggy morning and so I got a couple pictures in the fog.  I found the most beautiful spider web glistening in the fog but unfortunately my camera wouldn't focus right on it and it was a bad angle to capture.  Still cool to see and I also found a cool spot right down the road with a neat barn in the fog.  The picture was ok but when I changed it to sepia tone it looked so much cooler.




Later in the afternoon I took the kids to Hixon Forest for a walk on the trail.  We were on the trail for 2 hours!  So awesome that my kids can last that long outside hiking around.  We did remember juice boxes of course. 





This next picture I found so cool!  I took it with the sun shining high above them...I could barely get the sun into the shot as it was so high in the sky.  After looking at it on the computer when I got home I realized the light made a really neat effect in between Riley and Austin.  How random that it would show up exactly between them.  It looks like they are bowed praying together.  That is one powerful kiddie prayer!


Then after that we stopped at a scenic view spot along the highway and sat watching the cars, trucks, semi's, motorcycles and trains go by.  It was really cheap entertainment for the kids and I had so much fun practicing my panning shots.  Fun to be creative and think of unusual things to do. 












No comments:

Post a Comment