Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Long weekend

Had a nice weekend and couple extra days off.  Drove to visit my sister in Milwaukee on Saturday with my mom and the kids.   We went to a pizza place similar to Chuck E Cheese for dinner and fun.  Riley had tons of fun playing games and we couldn't wait to get out of there!  Ha!  It was a crazy mess of kids running all over, it felt like 90 degrees in there and as my mom said it "Getting Austin to stay by us was like trying to walk a cat."  The important thing is Riley had fun. 











I bet this person is used to people taking pictures of his yard.  Kind of crazy.









The kids were very good on the drive there and back and slept decent.  Austin had a little cold so he woke up a couple times but otherwise slept good.  We had a play date with Kelly's best friend and her two kids.  They are about the same ages, Taylor gave Riley a truck to take home.  He was thrilled but not more than five minutes after we got home he had it broken from trying to jump it in the snow.  He was crying like it was the end of the world and I told him don't worry dad can fix it.  Dad couldn't fix it but by that time Riley was over it and playing with something else.  It was very nice of Taylor to give Riley the truck.













Jason left for a fishing trip in Illinois tonight.  He went with a friend so that makes me feel better knowing he isn't alone somewhere fishing.  He will be gone a couple nights.  It is kind of nice having the house to myself every now and then but tomorrow is going to suck having to get up at the crack of dawn and get the kids ready all by myself.  Oh well it is good to be joining the real world again.

Here are a few new décor items I couldn't live without.  I bought the antique looking ashtray, not sure how else to describe it, at Hobby Lobby.  It came with plates in it but then I found the swiveling picture boxes and they fit into the tray slots perfectly.  Now I just want to sit in my living room and stare at it because I love it so much.  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment