Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fountain City and Alma

Had a fun day with Linda on Wednesday.  Had a half day at work, so we drove to Fountain City and Alma to see what we could see.  Our fist stop was at a Coffee Shop called "Fortanata's".  From the outside it looked like an old, run down shack but glad we gave it a chance.  The inside had a lot of neat antique looking things in it and it was a unique place with fun things to photograph.  The man who owned it inherited the shop from his late grandmother to whom the Coffee Shop is named after. 






 
In the summer this town is much more fun.  During the winter it is dead and this coffee shop was pretty much the only place open other than one other craft store we stopped at.  I loved the awesome textures of the old doors and buildings.













Alma is a city on a hill.  Reminds me of Duluth with all the hills and I would not enjoy driving through Alma on a icy day.  We drove up a long windy hill to an awesome park and along the way we found a cool barn with some awesome horses.






We froze our buns off walking on the bridge to look at some eagles on the river. 



We had a great day!  Can't wait for many more Photographic Adventures to come.

"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been."  Diane Arbus




Riley brought home his new friend Ted E. Bear yesterday from pre school.  It is a cute little bear he gets to keep for a few nights and make sure to take good care of while he has him.  He was very excited to show him to me and very protective of him.  His first thing he wanted to do was watch Scooby Doo with him.




Austin's birthday is tomorrow.  Can't believe he is 2 years old!  I really do wish the time would slow down, at least when it comes to my kids growing!  He loves Curious George and today I tried to find some George birthday gifts for him and there was nothing.  Books were all I could find, they didn't even have coloring books of him.  Weird.  He got his first birthday gift in the mail from Grandpa Tony.  A leap frog pad and he loves it.  He is not letting Riley touch it.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment