Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dreaming at Menard's

Had a good weekend of thrift store browsing, picture taking and family time together.  Jason had the weekend off.  We went to Menard's together and bought a new light fixture for our kitchen.   It was fun walking around the entire store dreaming about the hard wood floors, brand new sink and vanity, whirlpool tub, backsplash for the kitchen and the list goes on.  We had fun dreaming.  We settled on a light as our gift to ourselves out of our tax return.  Putting up the light was not so easy!  Jason spent a couple hours at least, trying to get the thing in the ceiling.  Finally we, or I mean he, got it up.  We LOVE it!  It is beautiful. 


Austin's new thing is running in all the rooms in our house and shutting the door, then locking it.  We have keys to unlock but sometimes it takes a while to find them so this can be annoying.  We are thinking we need to switch the knobs to no lock ones.  Austin of course finds this to be hilarious and when you finally open the door he is laughing hysterically.  How can you not smile at that. 




Riley's his regular energetic self.  Please give me some of his energy Lord!  One funny thing lately is how he loves Spiderman and during the day wants the decals (stickers for his bedroom wall) put up but at night he is scared to death of Spidey lurking on the walls while he is trying to sleep.  So at night they must be pulled down. 


Took a short drive and got a few pictures tonight.







Here is one of my latest purchases at a thrift store.  I was looking for something to hold my photo books and this works perfect.  I can fit about 24 in it so now I can be encouraged to make some more.  I love making them.



Here is Jason with the kids tonight having a slumber party.





No comments:

Post a Comment