Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Calm before the winter storm.

Austin has been sick since Sunday night.  I called in sick on Tuesday and had Wednesday off so that gave us some time for him to recuperate.  I always expect the worse when the kids get sick because of last year.  Last year it started in October and didn't end until spring.  Tonight is the first night he seemed better.  Hopefully(knock on wood) we are on the up swing.  Since he was sick we let him stay up and watch his favorite show(Curious George) for the last 3 nights in a row.  He was up until about 10pm/11pm every night and I would just ask him, Are you ready for bed?  He would shake his head but finally he would nod his head yes and walk to bed himself.  So cute.  Only problem is now that he is feeling better he still wants to stay up and watch Curious George until 10 at night.  It is amazing how important schedules are for kids and if you deviate at all it really effects them.  He was so cute tonight, laying on the couch covered in his blanket.  I said ready for bed?  He points next to him gesturing for me to lay down to watch "Jor" as he calls George.  Finally I got him to bed though and I did enjoy the extra cuddle time with him anyway.

Didn't do much the last two days with a sick kid.  It is too bad too because it was finally 40 degrees outside, perfect playing in the snow weather.  I have been waiting for a warm day to play in the snow it seems like all winter.  Jason did get Riley out there to build a little fort in our yard.  He had a ball, Austin and I watched them from the window.  I did take a ride down by Goose Island at the bird watching spot.  We got lucky and saw some deer there too.  Riley told me how he is going to go deer hunting with dad when he is older.  Then he asked me how old dad is.  I told him 38.  He says, "Maybe when I am 38 I can go deer hunting too."  That would be fine by me, wait until your 38 buddy, less worrying on my part!  He did tell me he doesn't want to hunt bears though because he is scared of them, even though dad wants to.

 I figured I might as well enjoy the scenery outside now as we are supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow tomorrow.  Yuck!  Should be a fun commute tomorrow and it is my birthday tomorrow.  Happy winter snow blizzard to me!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment