Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Monday, January 6, 2014

My week

Today was back to reality.  After a couple weeks of holidays, days off here in there and being spoiled with Jason home all last week...today was the first day back to a full week of work.  It was a rude awakening this morning with an actual temperature(not wind chill) of -20 degrees and a wind chill somewhere between -35 and -55!  I honestly have never been outside in that cold of temperatures and I was a little scared my car wouldn't start.  School was canceled but I still took the kids to day care.  We made it there in back just fine but I am ready for some above zero temperatures as soon as possible.  Tomorrow is not going to be much better with -40 degree wind chill again.



 
On Friday of last week I got done with work at noon and had the afternoon kid free.  Linda and I were going to go snow shoeing but the -wind chill changed our minds.  We drove to Winona and went to lunch at the Acoustic Café instead and then drove to some interesting places to take pictures as we both share the passion and obsession of taking pictures.   First we stopped at a beautiful Church in Winona, then we drove down by the boat houses and stopped at the Poor Farm on our way back.  We had a lot of fun.











The natural colors of the sky are so fascinating.  They NEVER cease to amaze me!  I love how every second they are changing into different shades of color and you can never seem to capture the brightest, most spectacular moment and then before you can stop to take a picture it is gone. 




My best friend Carrie and I got together on Saturday for our monthly girl's day.  We went for lunch at Texas Road house, stopped at High Cliff Park in Galesville and visited the Elmaro Winery in Tremp for some wine tasting and a band.  I took tons of really nice pictures of our day but unfortunately I accidentally deleted all of them before downloading them to my computer.  That was a bummer as I got so many great pictures of Carrie but I do have some of the ones she took which only have me in them.  Oh well.








Here are some pictures of the kids from the last week.












No comments:

Post a Comment