Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Merrick State Park

Today I worked in Dermatology for the morning.  It was a stressful day working with a new doctor I never worked with before and all I can say is "Thank God I was done at noon today." 

I wanted to do something outside in my few hours to myself.  I drove to Merrick State Park in Fountain City(only about 35 minute drive) and tried out my snow shoes for the first time.  I loved it!  It was a perfect day to snow shoe and the Park was so beautiful with all the snow on the trees and the sun shining bright.  I got a great work out and I am excited to go again soon.  The one problem I had was the ticket I received for not paying my fee.  Serves me right but it was so dead out there, there wasn't a soul to be seen or heard anywhere and the office was locked.  I saw the drop box but didn't take the time to read the directions and follow them, obviously.  Lesson learned, always pay the state park fee because you WILL get a ticket.  I will be purchasing my sticker very soon so I don't run into this problem again.











Austin turned 22 months yesterday.  Hard to comprehend he will be two in only 2 months!  He is a whole bunch of fun all wrapped up in love.  I notice he likes watching Curious George which doesn't surprise me as he loves animals.  He talks just like George too, babbling that kind of sounds like words.  He has picked up a few more but not more than you can count on one hand.  I am thinking of making him a Curious George birthday cake this year.  


Riley is doing good.  Still loves school.  His best friend at school is Eli and he loves to make friends.  He says the sweetest things sometimes. 







No comments:

Post a Comment