Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lovely days

I have been enjoying the weather this week and taking full advantage of it by being outside as much as possible with the kids.  We have made many trips to the park and took many walks.  I even went for my first run of the season.  I started out feeling like I was still in shape and ended knowing I was not in shape!  It felt good to go for a run though. 

Today was the first rainy day in a while.  Despite the rain Jason took Riley trout fishing in the creek for a couple hours.  Jason caught a few but Riley didn't catch any.  He still had fun jumping in puddles and came home wet and muddy.  After that we stayed in for the rest of the rainy day.  Riley had lots of energy that would have been better spent outside than inside.   Ha!

Riley asked me to read him a new book tonight.  He requested the "big yellow book" which just happened to be the Children's bible.  It is a really neat book and Riley is at about the right age to read it now.  After I started reading it he said "Is this the book about Jesus?"  I read him the first chapter about how God created the world and Adam and Eav.  He seemed really interested and wanted me to keep reading.  I told him we will read the next chapter tomorrow night which is "Noah's Ark."  It is fun reading to him about the bible and Jesus. 

Riley is on his fourth night now without wearing a pull up.  He has not had any accidents yet which is surprising.  I know he will one of these nights but I am happy he has not yet.  He is such a big boy now. 

Love this park!  So nice to have such a beautiful spot right across the street.

 
 
Stopped  to watch some people playing baseball.
 
The racetrack.
 
 

One of Austin's favorite things...carrying shoes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment