Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

New things

Austin has been doing so many cute things lately that I felt the need to post them.  His hair is starting to get curls just like Riley's did at this age.  I am sure people will begin to think he is a girl as his hair has gotten quite long now but I am not ready for his first haircut just yet!  He is a great walker but now he not only walks but runs all over the place.  One of his favorite places to run to is Riley's bedroom.  He usually will go straight for his bed to lay down.  He loves Riley's Lightning McQueen bed which is good as soon it will be HIS Lightning McQueen bed.  If there are shoes on the floor you can count on him finding them and carrying them all over the house.  What is it with baby's and shoes?  Who needs toys when you got shoes?  He loves playing all sorts of cute games.  Riley likes to throw the blanket over him and play peek a boo.  Austin just cracks up laughing.  Riley would probably play the peek a boo blanket game forever if Austin didn't finally get sick of being covered in a blanket everywhere he goes.  He also loves balls now.  He loves kicking and throwing them around and pushing them back and forth on the floor with Riley.   He knows how to give high fives and he will give you a kiss if you ask him too.  He still loves to sing and dance and likes any show that has music in it.  He loves to take out all the toys and then put them all away again.  He doesn't like it when Riley takes his toys away from him and he has a firm grip that even Riley can't break sometimes.  Every day he gets more loveable and fun.

Riley has some new tricks these days too.  He says the funniest things all the time.  The other day I was holding him pretending he was a little baby and he says to me "Mom, I am not a baby!"  I say "Aw my cute little baby!"  He gets up and runs across the room and starts doing jump moves and dancing tricks and says "See mom I am not a baby, if I were a baby I wouldn't be able to do these tricks."  He sure proved me wrong there!  Another thing he has been trying very hard to learn is how to do a summersault.  He asked me to do one and so I did.  I felt sore and dizzy for a while after doing it.  I guess summersaults are not so easy anymore.  Today I heard him talking to Jason in the other room.  He saw our wedding picture and said "Dad, You and mom got married?"  Jason: "Yes."  Riley "At the church?"  Jason:  "Yes we got married at a church."  Riley says "Well I have been to the church and played there 5 times in the playroom so I must have got married at the church too."  Ha!  Too funny.

Riley is very excited to get outside and play catch with his new baseball glove.   He loves that thing.  Austin tries to copy him and play catch too.  I have been trying to read more books to Austin as he seems more interested in them now.  Riley has the entire book "Cat in the Hat" pretty much memorized.  If I skip a page or say a word wrong he is correcting me right away, no cheating and skipping a few pages anymore.  He has gotten 100% better at going to bed at night.  I put him to bed at the same time every night(830) and we always brush teeth, go potty, wash hands, read a book and then he gets a kiss, squeeze and hug goodnight.  The bedtime battles have not been bad lately.  (Knock on wood).  Austin always goes to bed at 8pm and always sleeps through the night.

With all the tragedy in the world these days I am sure counting my blessings!  Life is so precious and every day you are alive it is a blessing.







        

No comments:

Post a Comment