Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chickens and kittens at the barn

Today my mom and I drove to the Craft Barn in Galesville.  They sell homemade crafts out of a barn and it is fun just to browse around there.  They have chickens, cows and farm cats too which is fun for the kids.  Riley loves to play with the cats and they are so friendly.  Today was a lucky day though because one of the cats just had kittens 3 weeks ago and we were able to see them.  They were so adorable that it almost made me want to take one home.  They are cute but I would NEVER EVER get another one.  I am allergic to them and besides we already have one that makes me sneeze enough at home!  It was love at first sight for Riley.  He made friends with the little black one that kept trying to escape from the box.  Riley was talking to him and the kitten would mew back at him like it was answering him.  Riley said "Mom the kitten is going to miss me.  He doesn't want me to leave."  Austin liked the kittens too but lost interest after a while as there were many other things to get his hands on.  Then we went out and visited the chickens and cows.  The cows were a little scary looking.  They looked like they might nibble at your hair if you got too close so we admired them at a distance.

















I forget to write down the funny things that Riley says so here is one.  The other day he came out with 2 of his Lightning McQueen cars and said.  "Mom, I have a problem.  I don't know which McQueen is Gabe McQueen and which one is my McQueen."  (Gabe McQueen is a car his friend Gabe gave to him.)  Jason said Gabe McQueen is the one with the chipped paint on it.  He comes running over to me and says..."Mom!  Mystery solved!"  Ha!  I am sure he hears this on T.V. shows but it is still funny.

 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment