Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

It is 11 o'clock at night an I am just sitting here on my computer reading stories about some of the survivors from the Boston Marathon bombing.  I sit here crying, trembling and amazed at these beautiful amazing people that survived this horrific tragedy and can't imagine what they are going through.  I think about my life.  My husband and I go on little road trips with our kids all the time and never once do I think, "Is today the day someone is going to bomb us?"  That thought never crosses my mind.  I think about all the times I have gone out to eat with my parents and sat around laughing and enjoying our time together.  Never once do I think, "Is today the day someone is going to bomb us?" I think of my sister who lives in Milwaukee who I dearly love and cherish.  Never once do I think, "Is today the day someone is going to bomb her?"

All those innocent people enjoying a day with there kids, there girlfriend or boyfriend, there mom or dad, there co workers, there friends and family.  Not one them was thinking...."I wonder if today will be the day someone is going to bomb us?" 

Every day is a wonderful gift that we get to share with each other.  I cherish all my friends and family and can't imagine having them ripped away from me in such a senseless and cowardly act.  The heartache is enough to make you feel physically ill.  One day you are just living your life like any other day and then BOOM life is shattered into a million pieces.  It may not have happened in my back yard but I still feel pain and shock over such evil.  The scary thing is it can happen anywhere at anytime.  Life as I know it can be shattered into a million pieces right before my eyes.  That could have been my child who died or my family member who lost a leg.  As children of God we all stand together.  It is amazing to see the outpouring of people willing to help or give of themselves to help others who have suffered such loss.  When tragedies like this happen it is easy to allow yourself to live in fear of the evil that seems to be taking over this world.  Yet when I see all the wonderful people willing to risk there lives or give of themselves to help others it restores my trust in God and the spirit of God that is in each of us. It reminds me that one day that powerful God given spirit will CRUSH the head of evil and put it under our feet forever!  Our time here on Earth may seem long but it can't compare to the eternal bliss of Heaven.  Some people on Earth have suffered so much pain and I believe there is a special place in heaven for those who have suffered.  One day there will be no more tears.  One day we will all be together as one and we will all be reunited with our loved ones.  Oh what a happy day that will be!  Thank you Jesus for the hope of eternity in Heaven with you and all our loved ones.  Without it life would not be worth living.

The Beatitudes
3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. 6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. 7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment