Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Down Syndrome Awerness Walk and Riley in the leaves

Feeling weird these days.  That is the best way to put it.  Seems like there has been a lot of battling things.  Kids have been sick, new daycare soon and been busy with a lot of things.  In the middle of transition.  I feel tired but not ready to complain because I refuse to let sickness beat me!  I know how this goes if the year starts out bad it usually continues.  I have prepared myself.  I do not want to jinx myself but at the same time I will be ready for a long winter if that is how it goes.  Just got to roll with it, expect for the worst, hope for the best and make the best of whatever comes our way. 

Today was the first COLD day we have had.  It was a shock to the system.  We have been planning to walk in the Down Syndrome Awareness Walk for a long time now to support my best friend Carrie's son Ethan.  I did not know if we would make it with Austin being sick but he seemed ok so I took them.  The walk was a huge success and they raised lots of money despite a cold day.  I am not going to lie though I was feeling an anxiety attack coming on at the walk.  With two kids and crowds of people it was not easy to maneuver around.  Somehow  we made it through the entire walk and even stayed for the magic show before I finally breathed a sigh of relief and got the kids back in the car to go home.  I just get stressed in big crowds with little kids but they both had fun and I am so glad we went.  Well worth the stress.  I may not be held responsible for any ornery behavior though because sometimes when you are under pressure there is no stopping the pop.  Ha! 





Jason went up north again for his second attempt at shooting a bear.  This is his last chance so hopefully he shoots one this time. 

After the walk we came straight home and all I really wanted to do was curl up under a blanket and take a nap by the television.  Eventually Austin fell asleep and took a nap.  Riley wanted to rake the leaves outside to jump in them.  We raked up as much as we could and he had fun jumping and playing in them.  I had to get the camera.  Taking pictures is so therapeutic, it always makes me feel better.










No comments:

Post a Comment