Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Moon Eclipse and Austin's first haircut

Last night I stayed up until 3 in the morning to see the "Blood Red Moon Solar Eclipse".  Jason called and reminded me about it so I decided to actually stay up and see it.  It was pretty cool. 








Today was a busy day.  Had the day off and got a lot done.  Riley and I met with his teacher today for a parent teacher conference.  Riley was so proud to show me all of his projects and things at school.  The teacher had some really nice things to day about Riley and that always makes you feel good as a parent.  She says Riley seems to be very good at mathematics and numbers.  He can count to 57.  She told me he is doing very well at recognizing letters and does great socially.  He still struggles with writing as he has a hard time with grasping the pencil correctly.  She says since he is left handed it sometimes can be a little harder to get the hang of writing.  I was feeling concerned about his writing but she said he will get the hang of it and she has no doubt that he is ready for Kindergarten which made me feel good.  Another one of the mom's said that Mrs. Mick told her that Riley, Payton and Eli are the three musketeers in school.  I think that is so cute and it makes me happy that Riley makes friends easy.  I can't believe he will be starting kindergarten in a matter of months, that makes me tear up just thinking about it.  It is so scary thinking about sending him off for a 9 hour school day every day of the week(besides summer) for the next 13 years of his life!  May the grace of God be with him and also with ME!!!



After that I took both kids to see their Family Doctor for their well checks.  Riley weighed 46 pounds and passed his vision and hearing tests.  He didn't need any shots today as he is all up to date and ready for Kindergarten.  Austin weighed 26 pounds and is also up to date on all his shots.  Yay!  It was a good appointment and we have the best doctor(Cheng Her, MD) at Gundersen in my opinion.  Love him!

Then I went out to the mall and got both kids haircut.  Austin got his VERY FIRST haircut today and did GREAT!  Well very first actual haircut despite my trimmings.  The last time I tried to get his haircut he would not have it.  He wouldn't let the girl near him but today after watching his brother get his cut he was all set.  I asked him if he wanted to get his hair cut and he nodded and got right in the chair.  He even sat still the whole time and never cried once...I was surprised.  He looks so adorable!  I also bought some Easter outfit's for the kids that are darling.  So fun!  









No comments:

Post a Comment