Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Monday, October 5, 2015

The Mom Journey



This was day one of the single mother journey.  Taking it a day at a time but I would be lying if I didn't admit to feeling anxiety, stress and fatigue even on just day one.  For some reason it feels better to chronicle my what seems to be "petty" struggles as if then I don't feel so alone in them.  It is normal human behavior to want to act like your perfect and pretend your super woman when really your crumbling at the seams but at the same time you know deep down in your heart of hearts it will all be alright because you really are stronger than you think you are.  Life's tiny struggles still build the best of characters and that's what makes us better.  Under pressure reveals our true character and sometimes it is best just to surrender to the fire.  Burn away the chaff and hope for gold eventually.

Started my morning at 6am.  Made eggs for breakfast(God job mom) and dropped Austie off at daycare then Riley at surround care.  Worked all day in a very busy department with not many moments for sitting.  The day flew by.  Picked Austie up at daycare then went and got Riley.  Made the kiddos corn dogs and spaghettios for dinner (Mommy fail) because I didn't feel like dragging two kids to the grocery store for something better. (Mommy fail).

Helped Riley with his drawing assignment for school.  We had to draw a picture depicting safe, responsible and respectful behavior in the "eatery" or the school lunch room.  Riley drew a picture of a boy throwing his garbage away and another boy carrying his tray to the table safely.  I drew a lunch table with kids eating and a lunch line.  Then we colored it all in. it was kind of fun.(Good job mom). 

Then spent 20 minutes reading with Riley for his nightly reading calendar.  He is doing a great job with his reading.

Clipped both boys toenails and fingernails.  Also painted Austie's fingernails and toes with glitter nail polish as requested by him!  Ha!

Put the movie Frozen in downstairs for Austin to watch and let Riley play one game the x box football game he loves before "hopefully" bedtime.  Austin wont go to bed because of about ten different reasons that continue on until this very moment.  In fact I hear him right now walking around in his room.  He is one stubborn little 3 year old that has no clue how much his mom needs him to just lay his little heady down and get some sleep!!!  You never really understand what "getting on my last nerve means" until you have a stubborn 3 year old tell you after more than an hour of trying to get him to stay in his bed "You go to bed baby butt!"  Take a deep breath, remember this is your 3 yr old and this too shall pass(Good job mom!!!)

Ha!  So this is my day.  Nothing too earth shattering but none the less a long day of work.  All hail the single parents out there because DAMN you are all rock stars.  I feel nervous for all the feelings and changes this new job change will most definitely bring in our family life.  With every change comes an effect.  How we respond is what determines the rollercoaster ride to inevitably follow.  Thank God for all I have.  Thank God for two healthy boys, a healthy husband with a good job, a wonderful job I love, a home to call my own, family that are rock stars sent from heaven, friends that love me when I'm up down or in between and love to guide my way.  I may complain, vent and feel burdened sometimes but that doesn't mean I don't realize how VERY blessed I am.  With that this pep talk is over and tomorrow is day two in the journey of a single mom.  (GOOD JOB MOM!!!)    




 

No comments:

Post a Comment