Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Mom That Never Sits


Is it just me or some days do you wonder how much time a mother spends actually sitting down and relaxing?  I'm not saying this is always the case but I am just analyzing the fact that my body seems to have a deep problem with sitting down.  It seems there is just never enough time to get the hundreds of things done that are constantly swishing and swirling in my mind.  So when an opportunity arises for my body to sit it naturally feels like that would be a waste of precious time! 

Sometimes I wonder if having "things to do" is an addiction.  Do I depend on being "busy" so I don't have to slow down and enjoy myself once and a while?  It is amazing to me how some people have that natural quality of being able to sit down peacefully right in the middle of chaos.  What a gift that would be!  If only I could have that quality!  Me in the same situation would HAVE to pick/clean everything up before I could allow myself to peacefully relax.  If I don't do it I know in the back of my mind I will eventually have to so I can't rest until it is done.  The problem with that is sometimes EVERYTHING can't be done at all times.  Sometimes you just have to let it be for another day or you find yourself moving in circles wondering where to start.  Every once in a while amidst the dirty laundry, supper time, dishes, baths, fights, bedtime stories, tantrums, potty training, homework, sick days, messiness, moneyless and hundreds of other life long stressors there are thousands of precious moments.  Those moments where you sit back and enjoy yourself.  Allow yourself time to feel content and happy.  Life is a true gift and so many moments pass without truly enjoying them.  Sure there are the times to get things done BUT there are also moments to play, laugh and enjoy.  Usually what is most important is enjoying the precious moments now before they pass us by so quickly.  For one day we will look back and wish to have them back.






        

No comments:

Post a Comment