Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Tammy Playdate, Super Bowl Sunday, Light painting at the Park

Had a great weekend.  Had a playdate with Tammy, the kids previous babysitter and my friend.  We met at McDonalds Play Place.  The kids were so happy to reconnect and so was I. 


Then on Sunday we made it to church again.  I feel so blessed to be part of such an amazing church and I am so glad I am disciplining myself to go at least every other Sunday.  I really believe it is important to have the kids grow up knowing the importance of church and having a relationship with Jesus.  On the way to church I told Riley how happy I am that he comes to church with me and he says "You know what mom I don't care about church, I am ok with it.  I used to think it was boring but it is not that long and it is kind of fun."   Another funny conversation we had in the car:  I told him how much I love going to church and he says "I love going to school."  I say "that is great that you love school."  He says "yeah but it is too bad the teacher knows I love her now."  Ha I laughed out loud couldn't help it.  He was referring to the fact that he gave his teacher a card for Christmas and he signed it "I love you, Riley".  He is embarrassed evidently that she knows this now.   Ha!  Carrie, Gabe and Ethan met us at church too which was really nice.  










Watched the Super bowl and Riley was really into it.  Jason has really got him revved up for the Seahawks and he was so hoping they would win.  In the last 2 minutes of the game it looked like by some miracle they were going to win with 3 more chances to run the ball in for a touchdown when they made a stupid move and took a chance on a pass and the ball was intercepted.  So off to bed for Riley but I could hear him balling his eyes out from downstairs and I asked Jason what the heck was wrong with him.  Poor thing was crying because the Seahawks didn't win the game.  I guess I didn't realize he was that concerned about the football game.  We did take that opportunity to explain to him that you don't always win.  His tears didn't last long anyway.  It is good to be ok with losing because most of the time in life you don't win and the sooner you accept that the better.  Although Riley is on his way to becoming a Seahawk.  He has started doing his pushups every night and he tells me the next time I go running he wants to come with.  He asked me tonight if I was going for a run and I said no.  He was disappointed because the whole reason he wore his work out pants and shirt today was so he could go running with me.  Ha!  He cracks me up.

Here are some pictures from the other night at the park right across the street from us.  I walked down there with my camera and tripod to experiment with light painting and night pictures.  It was perfect that they had all the lights lit up there and it was fun being able to have the park to myself with no one looking at me like I'm a crazy person...which I am.=)















   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment