Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Kornfest fun

Had a really nice weekend full of Kornfest festivities.  Friday night fireworks, Saturday parade, Sunday car show and Sunday night rides.  We live right in the middle of Kornfest so why not join in the fun. My good friend Carrie and I took the kids to the parade  on Saturday.  Riley seems to be learning the tricks of getting candy at the parade.  You can't be shy, sweet or bashful....you just have to shove right in there and yank the candy right out of the other kids hands.  These kids will do anything for a tootsie roll and watch out if it is a candy bar!  They were throwing out blow pop suckers and Riley actually ran up the street along side of the candy thrower to try and get one.  He came close but the other kid must have been a little more determined.  Still I was proud of Riley for his effort.  I have never actually went to the Kornfest parade before I moved to Holmen.  It is a great parade and I want to make it a tradition to go every year with the kids.




Sunday morning we took the kids to the car show across the street.  Boys always love cars and trucks. 


Austin is playing hide and seek at the car show.


A yellow Nova, my mom used to drive a yellow Nova.  I remember it but I thought it was my dad's car.
 
Sunday night we walked around and let Riley pick 3 rides to go on.  He first went on the giant slide and he was able to go all by himself this year since he is 42 inches tall now.  Last year I had to ride down it with him, it was fun but not 3 dollars a ticket fun!  Would people pay that if it was in my front yard?  Probably not.=(   Then Riley went on the roller coaster and he got to sit in the very front.  He was the only rider.  Lastly he went through the "Fun House".  That looked like loads of fun!  He also won a blue frog for making a shot in the basketball game he played.  That boy sure loves to win!  At the end of our carnival fun we got a bag of mini donuts.  Yummy!    
 
proof of height


3 dollar slide ride, this better be good!



Captain of the Coaster
 

 

 
winner of the blue frog
 
Here are some pictures of Austin in the sand box.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment