Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Backyard Fireworks

I just got done watching the fireworks with Riley from our deck in the backyard.  Austin was in bed and I can't believe he didn't wake up because it sounded like bombs going off.  I love that we have a front row seat for a firework show every year at Kornfest, that will be a good memory for our kids growing up.  It was fun listening to Riley watch the fireworks and see how his eyes got all lit up at the sight of them.  Oh to be a kid again and find such excitement in little things like fireworks, it takes you back in time.  I had fun and Riley kept repeating "Mom I am having so much fun."  After the first few ground fireworks Riley asks "Is dad setting those fireworks off."  Then he said another time "That one kind of looks like a willow tree."  It is funny when your child says something that requires understanding and you think "Wow he is not old enough to know that" then you realize "Oh yeah I guess he is growing up." 

After the fireworks were over he says "I wonder when this smoke is gonna get out of our yard."  Then he started in on some story telling.  He was telling me all about his firework maker he has and how he makes really cool fireworks.  Then he jumped subjects and told me he was outside yesterday and had forgotten his shoes.  He said he was looking at his garden and he noticed it didn't look good because he needs to buy potatoes.  My little story teller.  He is fun to hang out with because he makes me laugh.     


No comments:

Post a Comment