Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Monster Jam, Baby Bonding and Sickness Galore!



Jason took Riley to Monster Jam in the cities last Saturday night.  Riley was so excited to go he was talking bout it weeks before the show.  He is definitely all boy.  I was excited to have a night alone with Austin.  It is nice every now and then to be able to just have one child, not just because it is easier, but also it is nice to have bonding time with them alone.  I was able to get a lot done during the day.  I cleaned the entire house from top to bottom and I even put up some decorative pictures in my bedroom that I have been meaning to put up but never had the time.  I listened to my country music and my Christian music really loud as it was just me and Austin in the house.  That was a rare treat.  Funny how the littlest things in life can bring such joy.  I put Austin to bed at 8:00 with no problems and then had the rest of the evening to MYSELF.  Jason and Riley didn't get home until 1am.  They had a great night too.


Sunday morning I went to church for the first time in I don't know how long.  It felt so good to be back.  Having two kids and a husband who works third shift makes it a lot harder to discipline myself to get to church every Sunday.  I want to try harder though because it makes me happier when I go.
After church we were sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch when out of nowhere Riley puked all over the table!  GREAT!  My just cleaned and germ free house gone!  Austin had just gotten over a puking spree a few days before Riley so I guess it would be too good to be true that it had ran its course.  Riley was sick for a good three days and just starting this morning seems to be back to himself.  Yuck.  Both Jason and I had to call in sick one day and we were both exhausted.  Hopefully we can avoid sickness or a little while now. 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment