Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel



Someday when I am older I will look back on these days and think "How did I ever get through that?"  Sometimes I wonder if I am qualified for this job.  Being a mom is great but I was never well prepared for the lifetime of all that it entails.  It has been a rough 2 weeks in the Weisbecker house and I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Riley has been sick all week and Jason and I were up all night long(with short naps here and there)  for a good 6 days straight.  I kept telling myself, "It's ok, this will pass soon.  Riley will eventually get better and I will be able to sleep again but that day just kept NOT COMING!  Sunday night Riley was up until 5 am coughing and not sleeping(poor guy and poor mom and dad).  I had to go to work all day and Jason stayed home with him all day after we were both up all night long.  Not to mention Jason was sick with the stomach bug for the second time since Christmas and I too then got the bug for the second time as well.  It is one thing taking care of sick kids when you have not slept in days but then add on being sick yourself and that is almost impossible.  I have to say through it all we stayed pretty calm and did not get too ornery with each other.  Of course we had our moments but overall we made it through in one piece.  I honestly was thinking I can't take one more day of this nightmare.  Somehow you make it through and live to tell your kids who  have kids of their own one day, "Don't worry, I have been through it and you will get through it too."  Sick kids are the worst!  The good thing is there is finally peace in the Weisbecker house.  Riley is no longer coughing and we are back on a somewhat normal schedule.  Struggling times build good character.  The more you struggle the stronger you become.  Thank God for life's struggles that shape us into better people and teach us the important things in life.  No matter what, I am always thankful for my life and all that is in it. (struggling or not struggling)

Here are some pictures from our week.  Looking at them you can't even tell we were going crazy! 










  

No comments:

Post a Comment