Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Every moment counts



What a week.  Life has been crazy these days.  I feel like I am constantly moving.  It is amazing how many things one person can do in one day.  I would hate to think what would happen if I just took a break and let everything go for a week.  CHAOS!  Just when I think I am ahead on the laundry....wham bam the mountain of clothes is back.  Just when I think I took out the garbage, wham bam garbage day was yesterday.  Just when I finish picking up the last toy, wham bam they are being poured out again.  Just when I think the floor is squeaky clean, wham bam the juice is spilled across the floor.  Just when I finish giving the kids a bath, wham bam puke all over the place.  Just when I think I can get some sleep, wham bam a crying baby.  Just when I think I get a day off, wham bam I forgot I have children!  A day in the life of a parent is wonderful, rewarding, funny, crazy, hectic and  lot of work!  The best and hardest job is being a parent and your first day on the job you realize there is no going back.  Thank God for the lessons I've learned, the unconditional love I have become to know and the selflessness I have gained from being a mom.  Only God could have designed such a miracle in life. 

Today my Grandpa fell while walking out of his back door and broke his hip.  Life is so fragile and we never know when something catastrophic can happen.  I am so thankful he is ok and was able to get to the hospital and have hip surgery on the same day of admission.  Amazing what doctors can do these days.  He went into surgery at 5:03 and was out of surgery at 5:50.  The doctor said everything went well and now he will just need some time to recover.  Hopefully he has a swift recovery and is feeling better soon.  I pray all works out the best it can.  Life is short we should be thankful for every single moment, even the ones that include doing laundry, cleaning spilled juice, picking up toys and staying up all night with a sick child.  Every moment counts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment