Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Blessings


I am feeling happy and thankful tonight. 

Today was a long day at work.  Very busy,  Stressful.  A long day of patient care.  All day I kept thinking how thankful I was to have a day to myself tomorrow. 

Jason is out of town for a couple days and I have been looking forward to having the house to myself.  Weird the things that excite you as a mother.  I very rarely get the opportunity to be home ALONE and there is something about being in your own home ALONE.  You never realize how much you miss this until you never get it.  Anyways so I had my entire day planned out and then when I picked up Riley at school he says " Mom, my throat hurts".  First response...DENIAL...its just a cold nothing to worry about...look in his throat and see MASSIVE redness accompanied by WHITE SPOTS...ok better take him in.  So off to the doctor for a throat culture and ...POSITIVE!  My first response sadly is sadness that I lose my day home alone.  Then I quickly realize it is not about me but about the fact that my poor five year old is ill and I need to worry about him not me.  Honestly, yes I felt sad to lose my day at home alone BUT more importantly I was more concerned for Riley than myself and now I am excited to have a day to spend with Riley tomorrow.  Thank you God for the opportunity to have quality time with Riley just him and I.  So thankful for the things I have.  We can't predict tomorrow but we can embrace what happens and make the best of it.  With so many tragedies in this life we should be thankful for the gift of life and health.  May I never waste a single day not appreciating my many blessings!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment