Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Photos, timeless gifts

Today was a gloomy, rainy/snowy day.  I got done with work a little early so I went for a little walk on the bike trail before I went and picked up the kids.  It was  peaceful because there was no one around as it was cold out.  Sometimes you forget how beautiful quiet moments are.  I took some pictures of the rain drops and had a chance to appreciate some alone time.




 


I started reading a cool book called "The Unforgettable Photograph" by George Lange.  It is a great book about ideas, tips and suggestions for taking great photos. 

"You can feel the flow of moments, like feeling the flow of music.  That feeling is essential to taking  good pictures..."

"Life is a string of moments, like notes in a song."

"This book, at it's heart, is about photographing how things feel rather than what they look like; it is about appreciating all the beauty and passion and love in our every day lives.  It is about seeing that even the most mundane detail can be extraordinary and full of feeling.  Yes, photographs that are real and direct in an emotional sense risk being corny, but they can feel like timeless gifts as well.  I think of photographs of this kind as kisses:  They exist in a brief ecstatic moment and then take on a life of their own."   

I love thinking of pictures as capturing our everyday experiences so one day we can look back and remember those rich moments in our life.  Life is beautiful and it is fun to try to capture it's everyday extraordinaire.   









No comments:

Post a Comment