Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Austi and Rye

Today I had the day off.  I spent the day running errands and hanging out with my kids. 

Riley is obsessed with the Power Rangers lately.  That is his first choice to watch on Netflix the last few days and to tell you the truth I am really sick of hearing "Go, go power rangers!"  Riley thinks they have "Cool moves."  He likes to try to copy their AWESOME MIGHT MORPHINE moves!  He is hilarious.
 
 
 
Austin is almost 20 months old.  I just took him in for his 18 month check up last month.  He weighed 23 pounds.  He is right on track on his growing and everything checked out great.  He is a little peanut but he eats really good.  He is so active that he must burn it all off.  His personality is so fun.  He is getting more independent every day.  He is a little copy cat of Riley.  He likes to carry my iPod around holding it up to his ear and sing to the music.  He can say a few words but still does not say much that you can understand.  He is a good communicator though just not with many words.  He loves Tammy's dogs.  When I drop him off in the mornings he heads straight for them.  He is a definite animal lover.  He is NOT a morning person.  It is always a little rough in the mornings and he usually wants to stay in bed.  He always sleeps in until around 9 am on the my days off or on the weekends which I enjoy.  He is a good traveler and is mostly good in car rides.  He loves eating and really enjoys applesauce.  Every night he is covered in whatever he ate for supper no matter how hard I try to keep him clean.  I know some kids wear bibs really well but neither of mine ever kept them on for me.  He likes to play with puzzles and blocks and he seems pretty hand eye coordinated.
 
 
 
Riley is doing great.  I love him as a 4 year old.  He is so grown up and can do so much more on his own now that it makes it easier for me.  He has his sassy days but overall he is a really mild mannered boy.  We are lucky.  It is fun seeing all of his art projects he brings home from preschool and hearing all of his stories about his friends.  He can write his name almost legibly but needs a little work in the writing skills area.  He has never been one to enjoy coloring or drawing and it is hard for me to teach him as he is left handed.  It is hard to write with your non dominate hand and then to try to teach someone is even harder.  He likes painting, cutting and pasting more than he likes coloring or drawing.  He loves books and always has to have at least one story at bedtime but mostly two.   He loves to play video games, big surprise!  He can even sit and watch other people play video games on you tube and be entertained.  I am sure if I let him he would sit and watch video games all day long.  What a life that would be.  He loves people and is such a social kid.  He is a daddy's boy and always wants to follow dad around.  He likes to sing my country songs with me in the car.  He loves to talk and always says the funniest, cutest things.  Tonight when I was reading him a book he said "Excuse me."  Then a few seconds later he said "Excuse me" again.  He says "Mom the reason I said excuse me two times is because I farted two times."  He always is making us laugh. 
 
Riley and Austin get along pretty good.  They are good playmates.  Here are some pictures.
 



       


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment