Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Friday, March 4, 2016

The Thankful Life (Who Riley wants to be when he grows up) (Austie doing dishes in his underwear)



So I was just putting Riley to bed and I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up.  His first answer was a baseball player.  I tell him to pick something that is not a sport like a fireman, doctor, nurse, mailman and so on....He says "I want to be a Police Officer like Uncle Justy."  I thought that was super cute and told him I love that answer.  He replied " I love Uncle Justy he is fun to wrestle with.  It is my favorite thing to do.   I can't jump on dad anymore, we can wrestle but I can't jump on him."  Ha!  I say, "Why is that"?  He replies "Well it is because Uncle Justy is still in his thirties so I can jump on him but dad is forty and I can't jump on him anymore."   Me: Laughing a lot!  "Mom why are you laughing at me?"  Hard to explain buddy.=) 





There are so may cute, funny things Riley says every day that it is a shame I don't write them all down.  He is a fun and delightful kid! 

Hard to believe Austie will be 4 in a couple weeks.  He looks so much like Riley it is hard to tell the difference between them in pictures at the same age.  I was just looking at a picture of Riley from 4 years ago and was convinced it was Austie until I realized it was 4 years ago.  It is true that they grow up right before your eyes.  Just ask a ninety year old...he will tell you to savor every moment because in the blink of an eye you will be the ninety year old giving the same advice.  If you have health, family and believe God will guide you in life then you are blessed beyond measure.  It is good to know what you have in the moment and be grateful because nobody is promised tomorrow.  When tomorrow comes we will worry about tomorrow but for today it is good to realize how very blessed we are.  








Here are some brothers pictures.
 







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment