Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Monday, December 8, 2014

The never ending ear infection.



Today was not ideal but we made it through.  Had a lot of fun putting up our Christmas tree last night and Riley kept saying over and over "This is my favorite Christmas ever!"  He loved putting the ornaments on and so did Austin.  Before bed Riley jumped down the stairs and hurt his knee.  He seemed to be fine until it was time for bed.  He was crying and begging for an ice pack and saying he thinks he needs to go to the doctor because he broke his knee.  I was really worried and thought we may have to take him in for an x ray but today he was fine.  Jason let him sleep in a little and took him to school a couple hours late since he was up half the night.  Then when I went to pick him up at school he was crying that his ear hurt again.  He wanted to go to the doctor to get more medicine.  So I called Pediatrics right away to see if they had any openings which they did at 6:15pm.  So off we went to see the doctor.  Sure enough he still has a ear infection.  This will be his third round of antibiotics.  He just finished the last one a couple days ago.  So hopefully the third time is a charm.  It is really sad that every time you go to the doctor you get this sick feeling in your stomach because of  the money you are pretty much ripping up and tossing in the toilet.  Healthcare should not be so expensive!  I totally relate to the patients out there that hate to make an appointment for fear of expenses....I feel the same way.  It is already stressful enough when you or your kids are sick but then you have to worry about how you can afford to pay for the bill. 

We didn't get out of the doctor's office until close to 7pm so we had to stop and get McDonald's for supper before we stopped at the Pharmacy to get Riley's prescription.  Then of course at the Pharmacy we had to wait 15-20 mins for the script to be ready.  Riley and Austin had a fun time playing tag in the store while I patiently waited to get the HELL out of there!  Then when we finally got the script Riley had to go to the bathroom.  It was number 2 so it took a while.  We finally got home at 7:45.  I was able to get pajamas on and get them in bed by 8:15 so I felt pretty proud of myself for that.      

No comments:

Post a Comment