Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Riley's first day of school.

Today was Riley's first day of pre school at Summit Elementary School.  He has been so excited to finally go to school and he could not wait to ride the bus this morning.  He picked out the shirt he wanted to wear (Spiderman) and he was armed and ready with his brand new Avengers back pack.  Everyone always says time goes by so fast but the very first day of school is the first tear jerking moment that reminds you of how true it is.  Riley is such an independent and social kid that I knew he would do great with going to school.  He hopped right on the bus and sat down waving goodbye with a big cheesy smile.  For a moment I thought maybe I should ride the bus with him, I mean he is only 4 and how can the bus driver keep track of all those kids!  Then I just waved good bye, turned around and cried.....just a little.  They had a few bus glitches and Riley ended up riding the bus a little longer but he didn't know anything went wrong.  He was just thrilled to be riding the yellow school bus he always used to wave to.  I guess in the first week of school it is bound to have some glitches, especially when you have little 4 year olds riding the bus all by themselves.  He said he had fun at school.  I asked what he learned.  He said he learned how to sit "Criss, Cross, Applesauce" and then he demonstrated this for me.  He also said he learned how to be quiet and how to clean up the mess.  He learned some new songs and got to sit near a kid on the bus who was wearing a Power Rangers back pack!  First day of school was a success!



The teacher gave all the kids a little felted heart to bring to school every day.  All the parents were to give the heart a kiss and let their child know when they get lonely they can hold the heart and be reminded of how much we love them.  I know this is kind of cheesy but I thought that was so cute.  Riley showed me his heart when I picked him up at Tammy's and told me he took it out at school when he missed me and dad.  That is just so cute.   



No comments:

Post a Comment