Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Lauren Daigle

My favorite Christian singer for the last couple years is Lauren Daigle.  I've played her songs over and over during difficult times.  I listen to her music on the way to work to inspire myself to put God first before my day begins.  I ordered her first CD online the first time I heard her voice because I knew I would love her music.  Every song points to Jesus and gives you goosebumps knowing God has anointed her to sing.  My two boys even know the words to her songs because I listen to them so often.

Just recently in the car I heard a song that reminded me of Lauren Daigle on mix 96 radio station.  I turned it way up and was so excited to here Lauren Daigle singing a powerful song about Jesus right on the normal radio station.  The song is "You Say" and the words are powerful, beautiful and guide you to think about the God that created us and loves us unconditional.  Every time it comes on I blast the volume and sing like a rockstar for Jesus.

A few days after I first heard her song on the radio I noticed all the buzz on social media condemning Lauren for " failing the test", "denying Christ", "being fake", "choosing the world over Christ", "not reading her Bible" and the list of critical comments went on and on.  Some we're so cruel to say she won't enter the kingdom of heaven anymore, God is disappointed in her, judgement is coming to her and many even qouted scripture as a weapon to curse her.  My heart is broken to see people who love the Lord portraying this kind of character. 

First some Christian's were critical of her for going on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.  Since she is a lesbian I guess they believe Lauren should not accept the invitation to sing on her show.  BLASPHEMY!!!  These Christian's act just as the Pharisees did in the old testament. 

Secondly, when Lauren was asked if she believed homosexuality is a sin and she did not firmly state she thought it was a sin some Christian's felt justified in cursing her, judging her and completely disowning her.  BLASPHEMY!!!  Her response to the question if homosexuality is a sin was ...
“I can’t say one way or the other; I’m not God. When people ask questions like that, I just say, ‘Read the Bible and find out for yourself. And when you find out let me know because I’m learning too."   To me her response was good.  She pointed people back to God because after all he is the way, the truth and the light.  How could any follower of God decide to curse a daughter of the Lord for not fitting into the box they thought she should.  How can a lover of Jesus curse, ridicule and slander a young daughter whom is singing her song for Jesus to the masses?  We as true followers of a God who has unconditional love for ALL of His children should be blessing this woman and quite obviously not cursing her.  I'm so embarrassed and dissapointed in the way some Christian's have behaved.  That being said, I am so encouraged, delighted and thankful for the beautiful lovers of Christ that have poured out support, love and blessings to Lauren as she embarks on an exciting time in her life that is obviously blessed by the Lord.  Im sure she will face many trials as she sings her songs on a high platform for all the world to listen and the last thing she needs is to be cursed by those that call themselves her family in Christ.  Let our words be blessings and not a curse. 

And so, just like the words in Lauren's song on the radio...

Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, (ooh oh)

You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe

I pray God uses Lauren to confound the self rightoues spirit of this world.  God gets the glory every time.  It's not about us but it's about him.  In the end it matters not who is wrong or right but about love and bringing glory to God.  One day God will take all that is wrong and make it right!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment