Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Day In The Life Of A Woman

Oh man what a day!  Sometimes my effort feels so pointless. 

Both boys started basketball this week.  I'm delighted to have them back in sports to keep them active but I'm also already exhausted.  Rush home from work and try to feed the kids before they are off to basketball.  Make sure Austin practices his piano.  Showers at 730 pm after basketball practice.  Then comes reading and on top of it all my house feels like a complete disaster.  I hate the feeling of chaos in the middle of a messy house...no fair! 

I clean the mirror in the bathroom only to find my boys toothpaste spit scattered all over it the next day!  The boys take a shower and somehow always leave a puddle of water on the floor despite my efforts to teach them to use a freaking towel.  I pick up dirty socks in the morning only to find more dirty sucks flung around in various places in the evening too.  I vacuum the floor only to find trails of crumbs where they should not be.  I rid the house of toys never played with only to find more junk hidden in closets, under beds and stuffed in places throughout the house.  I do the laundry only to find new piles of dirty clothes the very next day.  I mop the kitchen floor only to find sticky messes an hour later!  I grocery shop only to hear there is nothing to eat in this house.  I cook dinner only to clean it up.  I clean the toilet only to have 10 minutes of a clean toilet bowl.  I make sure teeth are brushed even after the cookies that the kids were not supposed to eat before bed are eaten!  I make sure the back packs are packed, the forms are signed, the bills are paid, the appointments are made, the screen time is minimal, the flu shots are received, the lunch money is in the accounts at school, the math facts are reviewed and I'm pretty sure I am forgetting about 50 other things that I do on a daily basis. 

Life is full of stages and I know one day I will have a really clean, organized home and I will surely miss the days of chaotic messes and little boys to need me.  Until then I will keep up the good work knowing what is done well today will be undone tomorrow and that is just the way the cookies crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment