Please do not take my photos without my permission.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

All I Want To Do Is Nothing

Have this week off for no reason.  Feels funny to be home and not have to go to work.  I'm so used to always rushing, always thinking ahead, always preparing because there is never enough time to be unprepared.  I couldn't be a stay at home mom because that would drive me crazy but it is nice to take a week off for no reason at all.  It is a good reminder that life can be slower sometimes and that you are allowed to just do nothing every once and a while.  There is not a God above you just waiting to bop you on the head when you decide to do absolutely nothing even though there is something that could be done.  There will always be something you need to do but you may not get a chance to do something for yourself very often and when you do it is just as important as all the other things that need to be done.  Amen to that!

So now I'm on the downward slope in my short journey back to the daily grind.  You know Monday morning you are all giddy that you have off while everyone else you know and love is working.  It's the beginning of vacation.  Tuesday you are still pretty happy but Wednesday you realize it is hump day.  Hump day is good for the worker but not the vacationer.  It is a subtle reminder that the week is half over and in a whisper of time you will be back to Monday morning at work again.  However, I do kind of miss work anyway.  Love and hate relationships seem to last a lifetime.

Of course on my stay vacation I found time to walk, hike and enjoy Spring in Wisconsin.  Spring is so much fun for photos.  Everything grows so beautifully.  It's awesome to notice new plants or wildflowers you have never noticed before.  The same old boring locations have something new to offer and it is uplifting.   If only it could last longer but maybe that is why we appreciate it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment